Monday, October 6, 2014

Meaty Stuff

    Hope you all had a great weekend.  We are still enjoying weather in the 70s which is unusual here in Oregon.  It was a nice treat for my daughters 11th birthday party yesterday.  
     This recipe is one of my sons favorite meals.   He's a picky eater and tends to eat the same thing over and over again.   This recipe is a way to allow him to be a picky eater and know that he's getting all that he needs.  

Meaty Stuff
1 lb ground turkey (preferably dark meat)
1-2 lbs of diced veggies (I usually throw zucchini, spinach and or kale in the food processor)
1/4 cup of gelatin (I use Great Lakes unflavored gelatin)
1/4 cup of coconut oil
sea salt to taste
Melt coconut oil in pan.   Add turkey and vegetables.  When the meat is about 75% cooked through add the gelatin.  The gelatin will make the meat and vegetables have a slight crunch and provides you with the great collagen joint benefits of gelatin.  Cook meat thoroughly and add sea salt to taste.  Enjoy!
   On an unrelated note if you'd like to read more of my healing journey I did an interview for Eileen's blog phoenixhelix.com.  It can be found at http://www.phoenixhelix.com/2014/10/05/angelas-story/

2 comments:

  1. I read your story on the Phoenix Helix blog. Thank you so much for sharing it. I am really intrigued that you have used a ketogenic diet for healing. I love being ketogenic, myself. I'm also intrigued by the idea adding gelatin to your Meaty Stuff! So far I just use it to make gummies out of berries & herbal tea but I'll definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I put gelatin in when I make meat loafs and meatballs. It doesn't change the taste but its nice knowing I'm getting the benefits of it. Good luck to you on your continued health journey.

      Delete