Monday, September 22, 2014

This one is for you Deb

     This post if for you, Deb.  I've decided to start this blog at the constant nagging encouragement of my dear friend Deb, who also suffers has been blessed with multiple autoimmune disorders.  And this also goes out to my friend and mentor Carrie who first suggested I start a blog.
    The title of the blog comes from my grandma.  She always use to say "life is hard, then you die".  As a child I didn't really understand what she meant.  As an adult with multiple autoimmune disorders I have come to understand what she meant.  Life is hard and then you die.  And while life is hard, its finding joy, blessings and humor through the hard that makes life worth getting out of bed in the morning.
     This blog is meant to be a place of realness, the imperfections, the bad, the hard, the ugly but also the joy, the fun, the humor in life.  This blog is ultimately dedicated to my grandmother who also suffered from chronic illness but found joy in everyday life, in everyday people.
    I plan to start out writing three days a week.  Monday will cover a new recipe. Wednesday will cover a health topic.  Friday will cover a massage/bodywork topic.  Please let me know if there is a topic you would like covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment